Lauren K Photography specialises in newborn photography, birth photography, baby photography, in Perth, Western Australia. These sessions are held at my studio in Sorrento.
The first two weeks after the birth of a baby are some of the best days to capture your little one. Here are a few tips to keep in mind as you prepare for your newborn photography session.
- Plan for at least 3 hours for your session. Babies at this age take time. We may need frequent breaks for changing, feeding and settling. Babies frequently pee and poop during these sessions, so mentally prepare for this. It is also a good idea to pack a change of clothes, just in case.
- Your baby will be photographed with my props/hats and clean wraps, but mostly natural, naked pictures (tastefully). So no need to bring anything unless sentimental.
- As the session may take time, you are welcome to bring snacks. We supply coffee, tea and water. Bathroom facilities are also available.
- The studio will also be very warm so we suggest dressing lightly.
- Feeding baby may take time. If you choose to feed at the studio, please arrive 30 minutes early. If your baby is bottle-fed please bring extra feeds as necessary. Most importantly, sit back and relax. I do allow plenty of time during the shoot for feeding.
- If you are having photos with your baby, which I highly recommend, Mum if you have the energy to wear some light makeup as it will look nicer in the photos. Dad, if you can wear a plain black or white shirt, or bring one for a picture holding your baby.
- Please do not bring your camera or video camera during your session. This can be distracting for both me and the baby, and may get in the way of a great picture.
- Sometimes baby may smell mum’s milk when she is close, so I do ask dad or a grandparent if present to assist me if necessary.
I’m sure you will have an enjoyable experience capturing this time of your baby’s life.